Be sure to schedule a placement hearing with us for this ensemble before purchasing.
Touring Chorus Curriculum
(Advanced, Twice-a-week rehearsals; Primarily Grades 7 – 12)
- Continued refinement of vocal skills, including an expanded singing range and technical ability in service of phrasing, dynamic contrast, breath control, and language mastery
- Ability to sing in three, four, or more parts, including commissioned works and non-tonal works
- Sight Singing using moveable do for major keys, “la” or do/based minor keys, and intervallic reading for non-tonal works or rapidly shifting tonalities
- Demonstrated understanding of all major key signatures, relative and parallel minors
- The ability to read and count more complex rhythms in more complex meters
- Demonstrated understanding of musical concepts as related to musical form and performance practice
- Demonstration of superior musical skills and professional standards
- Love of music as an expressive, artistic medium and life force
- Two major concerts (with Treble and Concert ensembles): December and May
- Summer touring – national or international and/or performance opportunities at Ravinia, Millennium Park, etc.
- 6 – 10 additional performances throughout the season
Location: Main St. Rec Center, 501 Hill Ave. (3rd floor), Glen Ellyn, IL
- Winter Concert - Fri., Dec 16
- Gwendolyn Brooks Settings with the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra - Sat., March 11 & Sun., March 12
- St. Matthew Passion with Music of the Baroque - Sun., April 2 & Mon., April 3
- SingFest with Dr. Rollo Dilworth - Sat., April 22
- Spring Concert - Fri., May 12
There may be additional performance opportunities (e.g., Joffrey Ballet, Grant Park Music Festival, Wyndemere, touring, etc.)
Tuition & Costs
Tuition for Touring Chorus is $1494 for the year plus a $30 registration fee.
Tuition can be paid in one, two, or four payments. The first tuition payment is due on August 15 or upon registration, whichever is sooner.
Tuition can be paid by credit/debit card (with 3% processing fee) or ACH, on Choir Genius. Checks will also be accepted, mailed or dropped off at the Anima office.
Advanced Ensemble By Audition Only
Before registering, prospective Touring Chorus singers (grades 7-12) need to schedule a placement hearing with an Anima staff member.
After your placement hearing, you will receive a recommendation for a choir to sign up for. Registration for new members begins on July 18. Tuition payments will be accepted starting on August 1.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.