Be sure to schedule a placement hearing with us for this ensemble before purchasing.
2020 - 2021 Season
In this exceptional season, our singers rehearse weekly in small ensembles either in-person or online, as they feel comfortable. Additional online ensemble rehearsals along with special sessions featuring guest artists, alumni, and unique opportunities supplement an interactive online curriculum designed to strengthen the skills of each individual singer while maintaining connection with one another.
Touring Chorus Curriculum
(Advanced, Twice-a-week rehearsals; Primarily Grades 7 – 12)
- Continued refinement of vocal skills, including an expanded singing range and technical ability in service of phrasing, dynamic contrast, breath control, and language mastery
- Ability to sing in three, four, or more parts, including commissioned works and non-tonal works
- Sight Singing using moveable do for major keys, “la” or do/based minor keys, and intervallic reading for non-tonal works or rapidly shifting tonalities
- Demonstrated understanding of all major key signatures, relative and parallel minors
- The ability to read and count more complex rhythms in more complex meters
- Demonstrated understanding of musical concepts as related to musical form and performance practice
- Demonstration of superior musical skills and professional standards
- Love of music as an expressive, artistic medium and life force
- Two major concerts (with Treble and Concert ensembles): December and May
- Summer touring –national or international and/or performance opportunities at Ravinia, Millennium Park, etc.
- 6 – 10 additional performances throughout the season
Advanced Ensemble By Audition Only
- All changed Touring Chorus voices and a select group auditioned from Touring Chorus trebles in grades 10-12.
- Repertoire is usually a cappella and often performed without conductor to encourage additional ensemble skill and student leadership
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.