Be sure to schedule a placement hearing with us for this ensemble before purchasing.
Concert Chorus Curriculum (Intermediate Twice-A-Week Ensemble)
- Primarily grades 4–7
- Continued vocal development using skills learned in Treble Chorus
- Ability to sing in unison, two-part, three-part, and a cappella repertoire
- Introduction of key signatures, and mastery of major keys by year’s end
- Expansion of musicianship skills in the mastery of more difficult sight singing excerpts, in a variety of major keys, using moveable “do”
- Understanding of time signatures and more complex rhythmic patterns
- Understanding of musical concepts as related to musical form and style periods.
- Demonstration of greater musicality and expressivity in musical performance, as well as
- a professional standard of deportment and focus.
- Love of music as an expressive, artistic medium
- Two major concerts, with Treble and Touring ensembles: December and May
- Extended weekend tour to exchange with another youth choir OR a summer festival for young voices, plus 2 – 3 local performances per semester
2022-23 Performance Opportunities
- Winter Concert - Friday, Dec 16
- Gwendolyn Brooks Settings with the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra - Saturday, March 11 & Sunday, March 12
- St. Matthew Passion with Music of the Baroque - by staff recommendation only - Sunday, April 2 & Monday, April 3
- SingFest with Dr. Rollo Dilworth - Saturday, April 22
- Spring Concert - Friday, May 12
There may be additional performance opportunities (e.g., Joffrey Ballet, Grant Park Music Festival, tours, etc.) that are scheduled later in the season.
Tuition & Costs
Tuition for Concert Chorus is $1188 for the year plus a $30 registration fee.
Tuition can be paid in one, two, or four payments. The first tuition payment is due on August 15 or upon registration, whichever is sooner.
Tuition can be paid by credit/debit card (with 3% processing fee) or ACH, on Choir Genius. Checks will also be accepted, mailed or dropped off at the Anima office.
Intermediate Ensemble (Placement Hearing Required)
Before registering, prospective Concert Chorus (grades 4-7) members should schedule a placement hearing with an Anima staff member.
After your placement hearing, you will receive a recommendation for a choir to sign up for. Registration for new members begins on July 18. Tuition payments will be accepted starting on August 1.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.