Be sure to schedule a placement hearing with us for this ensemble before purchasing.
Rehearsals: Tuesday from 6:15-8:00pm
Sunday from 3:45-5:30pm
- September 8 – December 18, 2020
- January 5 – May 18, 2021
Concert Chorus Curriculum (Intermediate Twice-A-Week Ensemble)
- Primarily grades 4–8
- Continued vocal development using skills learned in Treble Chorus
- Ability to sing in unison, two-part, three-part, and a cappella repertoire
- Introduction of key signatures, and mastery of major keys by year’s end
- Expansion of musicianship skills in the mastery of more difficult sight singing excerpts, in a variety of major keys, using moveable “do”
- Understanding of time signatures and more complex rhythmic patterns
- Understanding of musical concepts as related to musical form and style periods.
- Demonstration of greater musicality and expressivity in musical performance, as well as
- a professional standard of deportment and focus.
- Love of music as an expressive, artistic medium
- Two major concerts, with Treble and Touring ensembles: December and May
- Extended weekend tour to exchange with another youth choir OR a summer festival for young voices, plus 2 – 3 local performances per semester
- For students grades 4-7
- Rehearses twice weekly
- Performs approximately 10 times per year
- Highlights include the Lyric Opera of Chicago, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Joffrey Ballet, and the Grant Park Orchestra
- Tours regionally and nationally
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.